We're proud to announce that Utila Dive Center will continue its partership, started in 2014, to Project Aware as a 100% partner and financially supporting Project Aware by issuing an Aware version of every PADI certification card to all divers who get certified with us.
In addition to our support for the University of Queenslands/Project Aware 'Coral Watch' program with our coral reef surveying and monitoring, and our monthly clean up 'Dive Against Debris' events, we have also initiated the following measures through our facility and hotel for 2013/2014;
- All light bulbs switched over to energy efficient rated bulbs
- Solar panel installation at the hotel and for the pool pump
- Installation of a 'treadle pump' (YouTube it!) at our dive center to save electricty and fresh water for our sanitation systems
- No throw-away plastic plates/cups served anymore at our restaurant/bar
- Issuing of re-useable non-plastic water bottles to all our PADI IDC Instructor candidates!
Once again we're proud to leave the way not just in the training we offer all our divers, from beginner through to Instructor, but also in sustainable environmental practices.
You make a difference when you choose to train with Utila Dive Center, not just in the quality and standard of your dive training but also in what you do to make a positive difference to our precious aquatic environment, your future office!