IYT Powerboat and Rib Master
MCA Recognized Credentials in Maritime & Boating
This program incorporates everything that a boat operator would be required to know from the moment the boat left the dock until its safe return to port and is an amazing compliment to our PADI Divemaster and Instructor courses, and the course while dive boat specific, contains the necessary knowledge for operators to obtain various certificates of competency (COCs) issued by IYT Worldwide on behalf of the British Maritime and Coast guard Agency (MCA) and the International Maritime Organization (IMO). The MCA boating qualifications are the most internationally recognized qualifications in the world and have become the de facto world standards. Find out more about IYT here!
- The IYT Poweboat and Rib Master Course at UDC includes two components: Practical Training and Drive Time Experience. The Practical Training Component is a three-day course, two days of theory and one day of practical boat handling including:
- Safety at sea
- VHF Radio operations
- Small powerboats and rigid inflatable boats
- Launching and recovery
- Anchors and anchoring
- Nautical terminology
- Boat handling under power
- Man overboard procedures
- Ropes and rope-work
- Basic rules of the road (collision regulations)
- Glossary of terms
- Once the Practical Training component is completed, candidates that are enrolled in the IYT Program will have the opportunity to drive and operate UDC’s boats on our regularly scheduled dive trips, under the supervision of our tenured Captains. This drive time is an invaluable addition to the program and this time can be logged and used for application to various Captain’s licenses. Over a period of 3-4 weeks, you can log 300+ hours of drive time!
Utila Dive Centre and Utila are the perfect location for this training, with 5 licensed vessels for carrying passengers and dive crew, our own on-site dock in a protected harbor for practicing maneuvers, marine park and mooring posts, and calm conditions with daily boat trips scheduled.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling, costs and enrollment, Contact us for more information and we encourage early enrollment as we have very limited spaces on these programs with just 4 places each month for the IYT Powerboat and Ribmaster course. E-learning is to be completed in advance and you can download these practical boat handling exercises to be conducted during the program, and really advance your dive career.